Alkimos Coastal Village Masterplan
- Project: Alkimos Coastal Village Masterplan
- Location: Perth, Western Australia
- Client: LandCorp and Eglinton Estates
- Date: 2013
- The Task: The key objectives of the masterplan were established with specific strategies for ‘on the- ground’ implementation to realise the overarching vision.
Our senior staff assisted in the preparation of the District Structure Plan for Alkimos Eglinton which encapsulates a broader vision for the northern growth corridor in which the Alkimos Coastal Village is located.
Our work ensured the delivery of a masterplan that:
- Supports a mix of uses, creating a vibrant place for both locals and visitors alike
- Celebrates the Regional Beach
- Creates a coastal experience complemented by commercial activities
- Ensures a viable and broad range of activities including local amenities for residents, retail in the order of 5,500 square metres, offices, childcare services, medical centre and beachside attractions including a surf club.
Design workshops were held to enable a preferred masterplan option to be developed. This option fully realised the potential of the village’s location while balancing the competing objectives and supporting the creation of a strong and vibrant local and visitor community. Our masterplan is considered to be robust in design, and effectively delivers the overarching vision for the Alkimos Coastal Village.