Coastal Town Planning and Urban Design Analysis
- Project: Coastal Town Planning and Urban Design Analysis
- Location: Australia - wide
- Client: Woodsome Management Pty Ltd
- Date: 2007
- The Task:
The purpose of the study was to learn more about the planning, urban design and governance of Australia beaches and governance of Australian beaches and towns.
It is our duty to make a special effort to create memorable coastal places not just for the local residents who will call Alkimos Eglinton home but also for the visitors from neighbouring suburbs and other countries who will come for a unique experience.
Coastal Town Planning and Urban Design Analysis evaluated nine iconic beachside locations on Australia’s eastern and western coastlines. From these places we can identify and avoid repeating any past mistakes, as well as collect positive ideas and solutions that may be worth pursuing during the planning and management of future coastal places.
The analysis in this document enables:
- An understanding of the existing form of places and the relationships that have caused their development
- An identification of the qualities and character of the existing urban form
- The identification of unsuccessful development patterns and processes not to replicate – things to avoid; and
- Recommendations for future development adjacent to the beach